Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Challenge to the We Are The World performers

First, I want to personally commend each and every artist who performed on this recording for such a needed cause…helping the people of Haiti…I hope that I have included everyone who performed or helped produce below:

Akon, India.Arie, Patti Austin, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Ethan Bortnick, Brandy, Jeff Bridges, Zac Brown, Kristian Bush, Natalie Cole, Harry Connick Jr., Kid Cudi, Miley Cyrus, Snoop Dogg, Drake, Earth Wind & Fire, Faith Evans, Melanie Fiona, Jamie Foxx, Sean Garrett, Tyrese Gibson, Josh Groban, Anthony Hamilton, Keri Hilson, Julianne Hough, Jennifer Hudson, Enrique Iglesias, LL Cool J, Randy Jackson, Taj Jackson, Taryll Jackson, TJ Jackson, Al Jardine, Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas, Janet Jackson, Kanye West, Nick Jonas, Rashida Jones, Gladys Knight, Adam Levine, Jimmy Jean Louis, Benji Madden, Joel Madden, Mary Mary, Katharine McPhee, Jason Mraz, Mya, Jennifer Nettles, Orianthi, Freda Payne, Pink, A. R. Rahman, Nicole Richie, Raphael Saadiq, Carlos Santana, Nicole Scherzinger, Isaac Slade, Trey Songz, Musiq Soulchild, Jordin Sparks, Barbra Streisand, T-Pain, Robin Thicke, Rob Thomas, Usher, Vince Vaughn, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Will.i.am, Anne Wilson, Brian Wilson, Nancy Wilson, BeBe Winans, Lionel Richie, Wyclef Jean, Celine Dion, Quincy Jones,
RedOne, Ricky Minor



Second, I want to put forth this challenge…I have a home, no…a private estate which is being offered for sale in Turks & Caicos. This Estate is truly magnificent, and can be seen by clicking here. It rests on the edge of the ocean, sitting on 2.5 private, immaculately manicured, gated acres. The home itself is approximately 11,000 square feet and what makes it so fitting for the group of talented individuals listed above, is that there are two additional “guest” cottages which can easily be converted into your own private recording studio. And while that is the perfect use of this Estate, it can also be converted into an extraordinarily luxurious boutique hotel/resort as well. The Estate is listed at $15.75 million USD.


Now…you might be thinking that this is a cheap way for me to gain exposure to this Estate with the hopes of selling it…and while that is true (yes…I do actually want to sell it) and I stand to profit from the sale…but…and this is a big but and the real purpose of this exercise…upon selling this Estate and collecting my compensation for the sale of The Estate…I will personally donate up to $200,000 to the people of Haiti via the charity organization of the buyers choice!

So…let’s just say that Wyclef Jean buys the house for the asking price…
-Wyclef gets an extraordinary private Estate and converts the “guest” cottage into a recording studio…win #1
-I get compensated for my efforts…win #2
-Wyclef chooses Yele Haiti as the organization he would like to benefit from my compensation…win #3

This is truly a win…win…win scenario. And while I would like to acknowledge those who performed on this “We Are the World” recording, as I find it truly commendable, I do not want to alienate anyone else who feels compelled to take me up on this challenge by buying this truly amazing Estate. That would include other such notable individuals and performers as Leonardo DiCaprio, P. Diddy (Sean Combs), Elton John, Eric Clapton, John Travolta, Branjolina (Brad & Anjelina), Bruce Willis, Lady Gaga….I think you get the idea.

One other thing…whoever buys this amazing Estate…I am going to ask you to help me with another fund raising project I have in the planning stage for later in the year… when all the media have moved on and the focus is no longer on Haiti…because we all know that the media will stop covering this once it no longer sells papers and airtime. I would think that whoever buys will be willing to work with me on this project, but I am not going to make it part of the deal, so no obligation.

Oh…and one other thing…I am not doing this for my own self promotion…in fact, I want the donation I make to go completely unnoticed unless the celebrity who buys the Estate, and chooses the beneficiary charity, wants the donation made in his or her name in order to promote more donations.

So let’s hear it celebrity nation…who is up for the challenge? You can either leave a comment here or follow the link below to contact me privately via my web site.

Hit ‘em straight!

SkipJack

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is a magnificent property Bob, a very generous offer on your behalf and a fantastic opportunity for a prospective buyer! Win-win-win indeed! Best of wishes!
Tracy

Sheryl Checkman said...

If I only had a spare $15MM (or even $1MM)!! What a beautiful estate. I love the Turks & Caicos. It's my favorite place to dive. BTW I am a graphic designer with a love of the Caribbean. LEt me know if you could use my services :-)